SC - feast serving utensils

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 26 08:18:39 PDT 2001

Caointiarn said.....

>         A ploy I used for a potluck feast at a Shire A&S was to copy
simple
> recipes out of my library, and  assign dishes  -- "you want to make a
side
> dish?  choose from these 4 -5 recipes."   Both redacted,  and
non-redacted
> (but in current english) for the folks to play with.  let them ease
into the
> thinking that period food prep isn't all that bad/hard.    And that
was a
> start of the dinner conversation:  who made what, how easy/hard, etc.

Yup, I've used this method on a number of occasions. Works really well.
In my experience most non-cooking people are actually gratefully to be
steered and directed and seem more enthusiastic about doing more than
brining the usual requisite bag of apples. One thing I do do is separate
the recipes into degrees of difficulty. That way no one is intimidated
and all are proud of their accomplishments. Also, I find it creates a
mindset that "if I can do this, perhaps......".

Micaylah