SC - Making Buffet-style serving work

Brian L. Rygg or Laura Barbee-Rygg rygbee at montana.com
Thu Apr 26 14:52:51 PDT 2001

> We are pretty laid back here in that we do not give excessive special treatment to royalty-- and this when it occurs is purely ceremonial on special occaisions. We don't even do formal high tables (caerleon sems like the place for a ROUND table :) ).   And we are a relatively new group without a lot of opperating funds, but
> even so you can build up a supply of useful tools without too much money a little bit at a time, and it is really worth the effort to do so.

Dollar stores, for instance, can be really useful places to get some
serving gear. If you buy a little every time you have an event (for this
event we invested in 32 2-quart drink pitchers, last event it was 10
packages of wooden spoons, 8 ladles and 5 packages of assorted kitchen
knives), you can start to build up kitchen stuff. My shire even has
kitchen towels (if we can find them) and a stash of cutting boards.

- -- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
disclaimer: i speak for no-one and no-one speaks for me. "It's no use
trying to be clever-- we are all clever here; just try to be kind -- a
little kind." F.J. Foakes-Jackson