SC - Roweny Festival

Kirrily Robert skud at infotrope.net
Fri Apr 27 14:58:56 PDT 2001

I went to the www.fedstats.gov website, which is an excellent starting point
for anyone wanting U.S. government statistics.  It led me to:
http://www.ers.usda.gov/briefing/sugar/index.htm

The documents there say, in part, "Per capita consumption of caloric
sweeteners increased by 28 pounds, or 22 percent, from 1970 through
1995, and has continued to increase since 1995. In 1999, per capita
sweetener consumption was estimated at 158 pounds per capita."  Now
"caloric sweeteners" includes stuff like maple syrup and corn syrup, but
I'm sure if you poke around that website, you'll find more detailed
breakdowns of the figures.

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann