SC - American sugar consumption

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Fri Apr 27 15:49:14 PDT 2001

Humph!
Obviously, somebody is getting most of MY share! Except around
christmas and the baking holidays, my lord Husband and I go
through 5 lbs every 6 months! We don't tend to much in the way of
store-bought condiments or convenience foods unless we have house
guests, so we aren't getting sugar there. Not much into sodas,
and I tend towards natural fruit juices with my booze [when I
even bother to drink ;-) ] so we aren't getting it there.
margali
[but then as a diabetic, I had BETTER not do that much sugar!]

 And in May, 2000, it was
reported by the Center for Science in the Public Interest that
the figure
was 158 lbs per person.   These figures are probably derived from
U.S. Dept.
of Agriculture gross sales reports.