SC - American sugar consumption

micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Sat Apr 28 09:04:18 PDT 2001

Ah, but you see, you are thinking of sweetening the dish, making the
presence of sugar so unmistakable that you can't help but say "Sweet" when
you eat it.  If you are using sugar to set off the characteristics of a
dish, such as a pinch in tomato sauce to cut the acidity, or a teaspoonful
in a meat sauce to bring out the natural camamelized flavors, then you are
using sugar as a spice or flavor enhancer, not a main ingredient.  It is all
a matter of degrees.
Christianna