SC - American sugar consumption

Sat Apr 28 10:48:39 PDT 2001

> Alcoholic beverages may not count. One could argue that in at least
some
> cases, the sugar was consumed by yeasts, not by humans. I'd bet
heavily
> on soft drinks and sweetened cereal products, many of which have sugar
> as the primary ingredient by mass. Some soft drinks will often use
corn
> and other syrups because they'll dissolve more easily than an equal
> amount of sugar, which for some reason doesn't like to supersaturate
solutions.

> Adamantius

As I understand it, most (read: a large percentage) of American foods
have corn in some form in them. Whether its for preservation or filler
or I dunno but I would suspect that also counts as one of those "hidden
sugars".

I am still trying to find the sugar consumption per capita for Canada
but am having a difficult time finding anything. I have checked Stats
Canada and the Health Canada sites and still cant find much. I am
beginning to think that its a secret. :)

Micaylah