SC - yogurt Cheese 101?

Solstice Studios solstice at moscow.com
Sun Apr 29 10:46:30 PDT 2001

- --- "Decker, Terry D." <TerryD at Health.State.OK.US>
wrote:
> Quite correct.  The 158 lb. figure incorporates ALL
> sales of edible sugars,
> including those used in livestock feed, alcohol
> production, bread making,
> etc.  The Sugar Association places the direct
> consumption of sugars at 64
> lbs. per person per year based on a study from the
> University of Toronto.
>
> Bear

That sounds more reasonable.  However, I have to
ask...does the figure take into account waste?
Meaning, all of the baked goods which don't get eaten
before they mold, all of the out of date canned goods,
all of the....shudder...spilled alcohol?

I'm certain that kind of information would be nearly
impossible to track, but would certainly bring down
the per capita consumption a bit... :)

Balthazar of Blackmoor

=====
"The half full glass and the half empty glass both contain the same amount of liquid...the half empty glass, however, has a fly in it."