SC - Betony

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Mon Apr 30 09:58:45 PDT 2001

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Debra Hense" <DHense at ifmc.org>
To: <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2001 12:17 PM
Subject: SC - Calontir's MarchWarden Event
snip,,,,,,,,,,,
> The winning team members were awarded a hand-cast pewter medallion
> made in the shape of wok, with raised lettering "IRON CHEF curved around
> the outside edge and a roman numeral one in the center.  The medallions
> were made by a gentleman who had moved to Mag Mor from Atlantia.  His
> name starts with a G, and he is apprenticed to Master T.K.

Ru writes:
Real **Iron Woks** are available in some of the Mall cookery shops. mine is
about 12+ inches across, and about 6 inches deep. Once up to heat, it holds
it ! even when quickly slapped with double fists of heavy meats. its often
the only cook pan I bring, beside a coffee perk pot. But then I haven't try
a steamer loaded with smashed beans.  Other uses it had at events, was as a
habachi. Full of coals it kept the frost of the pavilion all night.