SC - Re: Wierd but Cool Kitchen Gadgets

Nelson Beth grdygirl at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 30 12:02:39 PDT 2001

Balthazar of Blackmoorcommented:
> The best recipe I have for New England Clam Chowder
> does not include tomato, flour, celery or cream.  It
> is simply clams, onion, salt pork, clam juice, water
> and lots and lots of potatoes.

I've wondered about this before. What exactly is "clam juice"? Is
this what you get out if you squeeze clams hard enough? Or is this
produced by soaking shelled clams in water or another liquid? If
the latter, do you grind the clams up as you do with almonds in
making almond milk?

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net

We've got mountain oysters here but not too many clams...