SC - Calontir's MarchWarden Event

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 30 12:33:42 PDT 2001

- --- "Mark.S Harris" <mark.s.harris at motorola.com>
wrote:
> I've wondered about this before. What exactly is
> "clam juice"? Is
> this what you get out if you squeeze clams hard
> enough? Or is this
> produced by soaking shelled clams in water or
> another liquid? If
> the latter, do you grind the clams up as you do with
> almonds in
> making almond milk?

The typical commercial 'clam juice' is actually the
water in which the clams have been cooked, often
concentrated to increase it's flavor.  'Clam Liquor'
is the juice inside the clam shell when it is first
opened.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

=====
"The half full glass and the half empty glass both contain the same amount of liquid...the half empty glass, however, has a fly in it."