SC - yogurt Cheese 101?

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Apr 30 16:57:08 PDT 2001

- --- Jenne Heise <jenne at mail.browser.net> wrote:

> FYI: Witch Hazel is a different shrub from Hazelnut
> trees.
>
> --
> Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise

Yeah, I know.  My point was that, while there were
plenty of references for Witchhazel and hazelnuts,
there were no hits when I looked for plain old 'hazel
leaves'... seems they aren't too popular as a food
product.  After doing a bit of quick research, I
decided to go ahead and buy a hazel tree from one of
my online sources, and check out the culinary uses for
the leaves.  Besides, I love hazelnuts, so they won't
go to waste, either.  Now, if I can only get it to
grow in my climate....

Also found some rather fascinating info on Saint
Philbert during this search... a double bonus, if you
ask me.

Balthazar of Blackmoor
(by the way...I can't recall if the original question
was answered, but it appears that the leaves of the
hazelnut are actually used in the recipe.  I think
Master Adamantius covered this, but I'm not certain...)

=====
"The half full glass and the half empty glass both contain the same amount of liquid...the half empty glass, however, has a fly in it."