SC - Balthazar's Trunk...A Memorial. (OT-OOP)

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 1 12:11:48 PDT 2001

Greetings unto the list,

It is with no little sorrow that I must inform the
populace of the closing of an era for me, and the loss
of a trusted companion.

Early yesterday morning I sold my 1974 Plymouth
Duster, in the trunk of which, and for the past three
years, I had stored all of my most beloved cookery
books, juggling equipment, and magic aparatus. I know
this may come as quite a shock to those of you on the
list who have grown accustomed to those precious and
beloved phrases "...that reference is in the trunk of
my car" and "...let me check my trunk and get back to
you."  However, time will heal this wound, I assure
you.  And, in days to come, I shall find another
excuse for backing out of a conversation when I am
cornered... wait... disregard that last statement.  It
is the grief talking.

Anyway, I now have a nice new pick-up truck, and all
of my little toys have taken pride of place in my home
(where they can be referenced a little more easily).
I will miss the convenience of having a mobile library
and toy shop, but the new vehicle will mean that I can
attend more events, and at greater distances.  I think
it is a fair trade.

Thank you all for your sympathy and compassion during
this difficult time.

Balthazar of Blackmoor