SC - Balthazar's Trunk...A Memorial. (OT-OOP)

Jenn/Yana slavic at mailbag.com
Sun Apr 1 20:20:52 PDT 2001

Phillipa wrote:

>In the tradition of Jewish mourning (the only tradition I know) I am sending
>you some cyber-food to help you through the grief process:
<snip>
>* Some Peeps (well, it's the season)

Speaking of Peeps and "the season", I learned last Pennsic (thanks to some
visitors from the Pink Fuzzy Bunny camp) that marshmallow Peeps toasted
over a camprire are an extrordinary delicacy!  The sugar carmelizes
slightly and becomes crunchy, and the flavor is just too good!  Stock up
for grilling season!

On a side note, I tried cooking them in the microwave. Unfortunately, the
Peeps just expand to an frighteningly enormous size (and don't taste all
that good).

- --Yana, she of the random memory function this evening