baklava recipe (was Re: SC - Help with Cooking period Italianfood.)

margali margali at 99main.com
Mon Apr 2 08:43:20 PDT 2001

Gee, Orluk Oasis has a small Jainissairy band, so all we need are a few
troops and 2 trays of Baklava and we can parade around Pennsic!

- --

MarilynTraber at FictionForest.com
HTTP://WWW.FictionForest.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Quote Starts Here:
on the 15th of Ramadan every year, the
Janissary troops stationed in Istanbul used to march to the palace,
where
every regiment was presented with two trays of baklava. They would sling
the
trays in sheets of cloth from a pole and march back to their barracks
carrying the baklava in what was known as the Baklava Procession
(baklava
alayi)."