SC - Re: Iron Chef Medieval

Barbara Evans mathilde at borg.com
Wed Apr 4 08:34:05 PDT 2001

I will be heading up a team at the Iron Chef Medieval cooking competition
this weekend at Myrkfaelinn (Ithaca, New York), and will be happy to report
back on how it went. There are five teams entered; each of the teams has to
produce one main dish, one side dish, and one dessert for 100 people. We
have been given our secret ingredient ahead of time so that we may prepare
ahead and so that the recipes can be printed and given out at the event.

Information on this event is available at:
http://www.lightlink.com/merellia/myrkfaelinn/rapcook/

All the teams know each other's secret ingredients, so I will share them
with you. My team and one other are doing dishes with apples, and the other
three teams are doing dishes with ginger (sorry, no lentils. Or peeps.)

On a completely different note, I originally asked the list about
information on the Oxford Food Symposium. This information, as well as
information on other food events in the UK, is available in a quarterly
publication called Petits Propos Culinaires, from the UK.

Wish me luck this weekend!

Mathilde des Pyrenees
Team Egerdouce ('cause we all can be sweet and sour at the same time)