SC - Pig parts - OOP, OT

grizly at mindspring.com grizly at mindspring.com
Wed Apr 4 10:36:32 PDT 2001

sca-cooks at ansteorra.org wrote:
> Speaking of parts of a pig - we got half a pig this last weekend and part ofit is a package of neck bones.  What on earth am I going to do with them??

Mercedes>>>>>

BEANS, BEANS, BEANS!!  If you roast to brown, then simmer your neck bones, it makes great base for all sorts of bean dishes like Cannelini beans, black beans, black-eyed peas and even jambalaya.  Whatever meat you can pick can go into the dish, but the flavor and gelatin that will leach are incredible.

niccolo difrancesco