SC - Ironman Chef competition

Debra Hense DHense at ifmc.org
Wed Apr 4 11:33:04 PDT 2001

If you have time on your hands at the end of April (April 28th),
and you are within reasonable driving time, you are invited to
the Shire-March of Grimfells (Fayetteville Arkansas), where the
Calontir Cook's Guild is sponsoring an Ironchef competition.
Four teams are competing.  Surprise ingredient is yet unknown.
(I can't make up my mind!)

I've seen the team rosters and its going to be close - really to
close to call at this point based on the who from within and
outside Calontir's borders is participating. So there should be
lots of fun for everyone.  Competition starts at noon.  Runs for
three hours.  14th Century English cookery is the focus.  The
teams need to produce a main dish, and two other dishes -
their choice. They must be able to point to a specific period
recipe as the basis for either the cooking method selected or
the ingredients used.

We're still looking for announcers and a judge.  Volunteers?

Kateryn de Develyn
person in charge of getting the surprise ingredient - and
taking suggestions so that I may add to my indecision points.