SC - Not eating cute furry animals

Glenda Robinson glendar at compassnet.com.au
Thu Apr 5 18:25:39 PDT 2001

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Jenne Heise" <jenne at mail.browser.net>

> Aren't brown otters related to ferrets, too? Now there's an animal that is
safe from
> being eaten because the concept is nasty- who'd eat something that smelled
that bad.

Ferrets can be eaten, and others of this ilk. You have to remove the scent
glands first, and then the meat is a little gamey, but OK, apparently. I
think we got that from one of the survival manuals a loooong time ago.

We used to own three beautiful albino ferrets as pets. What cuties. I think
I could probably eat a ferret if I needed to in the wild etc, but wild ones
have an amazing temper, and you wouldn't want to catch it with bare hands.

Glenda.