SC - 'Nefs' on eBay

UlfR parlei-sc at algonet.se
Sat Apr 7 03:13:44 PDT 2001

On Sat, 7 Apr 2001 grizly at mindspring.com wrote:

> Check out these sterling salt cellars in Viking ship shape:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.aol.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1421155929

Hmm, lets invent a small piece of "genuine scandinavia" that we can sell
in the airport to the tourists. It should be something that is
distinctive, vikings are good, and small enought that they won't
hesitate to pick up one (or more!) to prove that they've been to "The
Country of the Vikings". Preferably in several versions, so that we can
get both the poor ones *and* those with far too much local currency left
in their wallets. A viking ship! In either pewter or silver. Let's make
them as salt cellars, and they can have it on their table to become the
envy of all their friends. How many crates did you want in the initial
order? Factory giftwrapped?

I did not see any date stamps, and anyway I'm not sure if Denmark or
Norway have any system like the Swedish one. Basically gold, silver,
pewter, etc has to be stamped with a letter+number that gives the year.
It started in 1759 with A1, Google gave me a table at
http://www.harryda-tenn.se/stamp.html.

/UlfR
 pissing on parades since 1964

- --
UlfR                                                 parlei-sc at algonet.se
The software said it requires Win95 or better, so I installed Linux