SC - cawdel of samoun

Cindy M. Renfrow cindy at thousandeggs.com
Sun Apr 8 11:16:27 PDT 2001

>I've just been playing with cawdel of samoun (Forme of curye 114). The
>recipie does not, unlesss I'm missing something tell you to pass it
>though a sive or work it with a mortar, but in Pleyn Delit they run it
>though a blender. Which one of us is missing the point?
>
>Recipie? http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/foc/
>
>/UlfR
>
>--
>UlfR                                                 parlei-sc at algonet.se
>Trust the sysadmin. The sysadmin is your friend.

Hello!

Cawdel of Samon #CXI in Forme of Cury, loosely translated says:

Take the guts of Salmon and make them clean. Parboil them a little. Take
them up and dice them. Slit the white of Leeks and carve them small.  Cool
the broth and put the leeks therein with oil and let it boil together
together [sic]. Put the cut Salmon therein, make a mixture of Almond milk
and of bread and cast thereto spices, saffron and salt, seethe it well. And
look that it be not standing/thick.

My copy of Pleyn Delit (1987 ed., #50) does not run it through a sieve or
blender.

HTH,

Cindy