SC - cawdel of samoun

UlfR parlei-sc at algonet.se
Sun Apr 8 19:50:34 PDT 2001

On Sun, 8 Apr 2001, Cindy M. Renfrow wrote:

Hi!

> Cawdel of Samon #CXI in Forme of Cury, loosely translated says:
>
> Take the guts of Salmon and make them clean. Parboil them a little. Take
> them up and dice them. Slit the white of Leeks and carve them small.  Cool
> the broth and put the leeks therein with oil and let it boil together
> together [sic]. Put the cut Salmon therein, make a mixture of Almond milk
> and of bread and cast thereto spices, saffron and salt, seethe it well. And
> look that it be not standing/thick.

Nice to see that your translation matches mine; maybe I'm not as shabby
at it as I tend to assume. A scandinavian language does help, I suppose.

> My copy of Pleyn Delit (1987 ed., #50) does not run it through a sieve or
> blender.

Mine (1996, they've got it as #62) does. And since they are suppose dto
kniow WTF they are doing I was worrying about missing something that was
implied in the name, or if ycorve did not mean what I thought it did.

Anyone know of a good middle english dictionary?

/UlfR

- --
UlfR                                                 parlei-sc at algonet.se
And if I ever find out who dreamed up the expression the Dream, I'll
feed him sugar-paste until he urps!
		-- Talan Gwynek, Pelican King of Arms emeritus