SC - alergic reactions to foods.

Peters, Rise J. rise.peters at spiegelmcd.com
Tue Apr 10 07:58:33 PDT 2001

Rather than risking their lives, shouldn't folks with life-threatening food
allergies contact the cook in advance to say "I have a life-threatening
allergy to x, please be extra careful"?  Either that, or refrain from eating
meals prepared by others, either at feast or in a restaurant.

The degree of cleanliness that is necessary to protect the general run of
the population from any chance of food poisoning, and what folks with
life-threatening contact allergies seem to require (judging by comments on
this list) are separate orders of magnitude.

We just finished cooking a feast last weekend.  We were very careful not to
food poison anyone, but I would not stake anybody's life on the question of
whether a bit of food went astray, or whether a knife or cutting board was
washed but not sterilized to its pores.