SC - OOP--question on aioli sauce

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Fri Apr 13 19:45:32 PDT 2001

Well, I blame this all on the list members who were rhapsodizing so
blissfully a few months ago about the wonders of homemade mayonnaise
(yes, Master A, I think this includes you <g>)....
I've come over from the other side (the Miracle Whip lovers), and made
my first aioli, and it's wonderful.  Has a texture somewhere between a
very soft butter and commercial mayonnaise, but without the stiffness of
the commercial product....At any rate, since it's made with raw egg
yolks, how long will it keep? And what all can I put it on, besides the
cold meat and potatoes suggested in _Joy of Cooking_?

- --Maire, New Convert to the Right And True Sauce (currently sitting on
The Rock, swinging her legs, and eating fresh, steamed asparagus dipped
in aioli <g>)