SC - Nebraska's Proud Medieval Heritage (OP)

Jenn/Yana slavic at mailbag.com
Sat Apr 14 10:23:56 PDT 2001

>You know, to be honest...when I think of the SCA,
>here are two places I don't really imagine having any
>active participants... New York and Nebraska.  It's
>actually quite refreshing to hear that not only does
>Nebraska have participants, but *active* participants,
>as well.  Good for Nebraska!
>
>Of course, I'm not so sure about New York...
>
>Balthazar of Blackmoor

You know, I think I recently saw that same ad up here in Wisconsin
(although I don't remember any medieval folks) showing Chimney Rock, Civil
War reenactments, the Henry Doorley Zoo (highly recommended, BTW), and
Native American dancing.  The only reason the ad stuck in my head was
because I grew up in Nebraska and found the SCA there.  I was actually much
more active in Calontir than anywhere else that I have lived.  So huzzah
for Calontir and my home shire (now Barony) of Mag Mor (Lincoln, NE)!

- --Yana