Predators as food...was :Re: SC - Wolves are our cute furry friends..

WyteRayven at aol.com WyteRayven at aol.com
Mon Apr 16 11:57:07 PDT 2001

True, dogs and cats are predators. I would think though that dogs at least might not taste the same as another predator because they would probably be being fed a more omnivorous diet. Particularly in the cultures that eat them. I *think* that these cultures eat far less meat than we do, and probably wouldnt feed the dog much in the way of meat, but more of whatever scraps would be available, which would probably be more vegetable or grain. No idea about cats. I would think that they are probably more feral cats that are being eaten than specifically raised as dinner.

Not sure though.

Ilia