SC - "Fake" ypocras

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Tue Apr 17 08:03:35 PDT 2001

'Lainie
who plans to tell a couple of the more entertaining tales from Master
Chaucer's Canterbury Collection...

> /UlfR
>  Which ones of Chausers stories? Me, I'll have to memorize some of the
>  thattir (short sagas) out of the Icelandic corpus. And some of the more
>  outrageous parts of the elder Edda. You can't beat two people shouting
>  inventive insults to each other across a strait.

	Lady Brighid told a couple of wonderful stories around our campfire last
Pennsic, one about a man who was taken by some gods and used poorly, they
were both wonderful and I would love to know the source of them.  (hint,
hint)
	We had a bardic circle this past weekend, and it went pretty well.  It was
mostly folks from our camp and several day-trippers who were hanging about,
but we specifically went for a "drum-free zone" to encourage quieter
instruments and individuals.  I'm afraid the obligatory food content here is
that we toasted blue peeps over the fire, but not before using them as
visual aids for some of the songs.  :)
	Christianna