SC - SERVERS WAS :Profit was Opinions?

Angie Malone alm4 at cornell.edu
Mon Apr 23 08:34:05 PDT 2001

Our group is in Aethelmearc, used to be in East Kingdom.  We have
done all the things with servers, paying, not paying, paying reduced.
As the headcook or feastocrat whatever term you want to use, I
usually pay too, and so does all the event staff.

What I have experienced when attending feasts, are one person from
the table volunteers, or two people volunteer and they alternate.  I
have also experienced feasts where people from the group serve.

When I do feasts, we usually gather people from our group to serve,
and we usually serve 2 or 3 dishes and then people sit down and eat,
and then wait for the next course.  If it turns out the servers are
up serving a lot, the people sitting next to the server make sure
some of the food is put on their plate so they can have some.

Profit is or isn't important depending on the autocrat.  We like to
at least breakeven.

	Angeline

>Is the purpose of this thread at the moment to see what is different in
>Inter-Kingdom Anthropology, in where it relates to feeding the servers for
>free or charging them?
>It seems to me that the best thing to do is to feed the servers, or allow
>them time to go get fed just before the serving.
>  If we charge them(the servers) we take up feast space from people who want
>to sit down and enjoy the company of those in the hall. There is at some
>feast never enough leftovers to feed the servers, so there paying for
>scraps,  usually of the leftover veggies.  maybe we charge the servers half
>price but don't figure them into the feast seating.
>
>A thought
>Thorbjorn

Lady Angeline di Aquila           (mka Angie Malone)
Seneschal--Dominion of Myrkfaelinn, Kingdom of Aethelmearc
member of the Order of Keystone
member of the Order of the Sycamore
interested in sewing, cooking, and thrown weapons.
http://www.lightlink.com/merellia/myrkfaelinn/