SC - Platina on eBay

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Mon Apr 23 10:22:52 PDT 2001

> If you do happen to get a glimpse of this book, could
> you do me a huge favor and check out the binding?  Of
> particular interest to me is the material used for the
> cover boards (quarter split wood, I would imagine),
> and the stitching used to hold the sections together.
> I have been using waxed linen thread on my books,
> which gives it a period look, but I'd sure like to see
> what the "real deal" is using....

Ok, this may be redundant, and of course I've lost track of the publication date of the
Platina in this discussion, but have you tried calling up the Special Collections
librarians of academic libraries in your area and telling them that you are researching
medieval and renaissance book bindings? Even if they don't have any books of that era to
show you, they can probably point you to resources: people get to be Special Collections
librarians because they thrive on things like the history of books and librarianship, and
literary antiquities-- and most of them don't get many people who want to hear them hold
forth on it.

- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at mail.browser.net