SC - Egg source question

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Tue Apr 24 07:24:08 PDT 2001

> Their texture was much firmer than boiled chicken eggs, but I can't
> say if it's a property of the quail egg or the pickling process.

I've pickled chicken eggs (thanks to the person on the list who sent the yummy recipe),
and they come out much firmer than plain boiled eggs. We get our small eggs in 2.5 dozen
lots from Redner's, but that's an Eastern PA/NY chain... other 'discount grocery' chains
in your area may have small eggs also.

Pickled eggs are very good with honey mustard... hm... if we have leftover eggs from
Crown Tourney, I know what I'm making!

- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at mail.browser.net