SC - Re: Weird but Cool Kitchen Gadgets

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 24 09:18:44 PDT 2001

Lady Meadh wrote:

> Guess mine is not *so* weird, but it's my apple peeler/slicer/corer from
> Pampered Chef.  I swear I not only slice that apples on there, but potatoes
> as well.  I just have a blast with it a Thanksgiving.

This is the kind where you spike the apple onto a sort of triune fork and crank
it through the peeler, slicer and corer, right?  The fork spikes break off if
you force it even a little.  My SCA nephew jury-rigged a substitute "fork" with
steel nails instead, now it will peel and core quinces without a qualm.  Try
using this bad boy on onions for lovely crispy fried onion strings.

Pampered Chef is great but they need to work on their shipping.  I bought some
stoneware for baking and one of them came in shattered.  I'm keeping one piece
to experiment with as a sharpening stone, sending the rest back.

Selene