SC - RE: Menu & recipes - was on table menus

Decker, Margaret margaret at Health.State.OK.US
Wed Apr 25 06:34:43 PDT 2001

snip
I think having recipe booklets/histories is a nice idea that
might help folks outside of those already cooking medieval foods
decide that they too, could do this. But if only available bu
asking the cook, you may only get to the already converted. But
putting booklets on each table may be wasteful. I don't know.
Maybe one booklet per table and more available elsewhere if
there are more than one at the table who want one?

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net

As you know Bear used his booklet as the feast token on his last feast.
Normally about half the feast tokens are left on the table after a feast. In
this case there were only five, and I had three people come to me after the
feast was over asking if we had extras so they could take them to someone
who wasn't there. I hope to see this idea catch on as I think it helps prove
period food can be wonderful. Margarite