SC - Weird but cool kitchen gadgets

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 25 08:18:52 PDT 2001

>Olwen the Odd wrote:
> >
> > I used to have one of those cows that was really a gravy boat.  After
>the
> > first time I used it though, I "accidentally" dropped it on the way to
>the
> > kitchen.  Ugh! The sight of that cow vomiting on my meal was too much ~
>even
> > for me!'
> > Olwen
>
>My dear lady... that is almost certainly a cow creamer, an ancient and
>venerable piece of servingware, >
>Adamantius

No.  It was the gravy boat.  It came in a set.  The calf was for cream, cow
was for gravy and the bull was for tea.

I do have a wonderful pig pitcher that I treasure.  He is very likable with
a blue sash and golden cross on the end and the milk (or whatever) comes out
his snout.  It looks rather like a barnyard on my table at times with my old
colbalt chicken-stemmed bowls, the little yellow soft egg cups, the pig
shaped cutting board, the turkey platter and the squirrl shaped cleaver.
Olwen