SC - Betony

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 30 21:02:45 PDT 2001

- --- LrdRas at aol.com wrote:
> Daylight Time, ariann at nmia.com
> writes:
>
> << From a tertiary source, betony is described in a
> period Southern Wales
>  medical book: >>
>
> Which is why I was wondering what specific species
> of plant you were
> referring to. Pedicularis canadensis, which is now
> known as wood betony, is a
> New World plant. Apparently the sources you site
> are using the common name
> 'wood betony' to refer to an entirely different
> species of plant.
>
> Ras

I believe the period species is "Stachys
officianalis"...I purchased P. canadensis seeds for my
fledgling 'heirloom garden', only to find out later
that they were not the right plant.  Fortunately (?)
they never made it to the second year.  I have not
been able to find S. officianalis seeds yet...

Balthazar of Blackmoor

=====
"The half full glass and the half empty glass both contain the same amount of liquid...the half empty glass, however, has a fly in it."