SC - intro and questions

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Apr 2 09:37:19 PDT 2001

Peter Lee wrote:

> My fellow  Chefs/Cooks
>
> My name is Gormal Campbell MKA Peter Lee and i'm a classically trained
> Pastry chef.  I have long been interested in Period Cooking and have
> assisted several times in various kitchens at events along the east
> coast.  I'm seeking out like minded individuals locally who may be
> willing to discuss topics in reguards to period food face to face, or
> to forge some true cyber friendships from people outside of the local
> area. I consider local to myself the southern region of East kingdom
> and a portion of Aethelmarc.  If anyone would be interested in sharing
> their knowledge and thus assisting a Feastocrat in training please
> respond off list so we can conserve others form the over abundance of
> bandwidth it could generate.

Hey there, Gormal...

I was a pastry chef for a summer in, oh, 1991 or so (essentially the
real pastry chef was, um, furloughed, and everybody else took one step
backwards), and while it isn't my favorite kitchen job, it _is_ interesting.

Now, we can certainly trot over to e-lists and set up an EKSouth-cooks
list, but I don't know how many takers we'd get, and it's not as if most
of what we'd be talking about is off-topic for this list... what do
others think about this?

Adamantius
EK MoAS
Ostgardrian For Nearly a Fifth of a Century
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com