SC - intro and questions

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Apr 2 22:37:36 PDT 2001

Peter Lee said:
> <DIV>My name is Gormal Campbell MKA Peter Lee and i'm a classically trained Pastry chef.  I have long been interested in Period Cooking and have assisted several times in various kitchens at events along the east coast.  I'm seeking out like minded individuals locally who may be willing to discuss topics in reguards to period food face to face, or to forge some true cyber friendships from people outside of the local area. I consider local to myself the southern region of East kingdom and a portion of Aethelmarc.  If anyone would be interested in sharing their knowledge and thus assisting a Feastocrat in training please respond off list so we can conserve others form the over abundance of bandwidth it could generate. </DIV>

Welcome to this SCA-Cooks list, Peter!

I believe there are several trained chefs on this list, although I
don't believe I've heard of one specializing in pastry yet. We also
have Bear, who while not a professional chef by trade, is extremely
knowledgeable about bread making.

Over the years I've tried to collect the best of this list, and other
sources, into a collection of files I call the Florilegium. You might
find browsing through some of these files useful. For instance in the
FEASTS section is a fair amount of info on organising feasts and how
to overcome various difficulties, both practical and political.

You might also find this file in the FOOD section interesting:
pastries-msg     (105K)  4/ 3/00    Medieval pastries. Recipes.

If you have any comments about stuff in this file, or any other,
please feel free to bring them up here, or send them to me by email
for possible inclusion in the files.

You've also come in during a discussion on baklava(sp?) and whether
it or something similar was known in period.

> <DIV></DIV>
> <DIV> </DIV>
> <DIV></DIV>
> <DIV>Thanks to all in advance for your time..</DIV>
> <DIV></DIV>
> <DIV> </DIV>
> <DIV></DIV>

And if you could check your email program for a switch to turn off the
HTML, it would help make your messages easier to read. Thanks.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net