Circus Peanuts and an Announcement (was Re: SC - Peeps - OT)

Gwynydd of Culloden gwynydd_of_culloden at yahoo.com.au
Wed Apr 4 08:54:55 PDT 2001

> peeps are only slightly better than "circus peanuts" (gag). Do they
> still make them? I hope not.

Which gives me a perfect "in" to make an announcement to the List - bear
with me, the relevance of Circus Peanuts will become clear *smile*.

As many on the List will know, I have been with my Lady for many years - 6
or thereabouts - and love her very much (well, that ought to be obvious from
the number of times I can use the phrase "my lovely Lady" in one post
*grin*), however, for about the same number of years I have been maintaining
my opposition to any commitment ceremony or similar goings-on.  Recently,
however (and I think that there is something in the air or the water or
something, so it isn't my fault!) my Lady found me in a weakened state and
rather insisted (translation; she got weepy and I gave in *smile*) so we are
now planning a Celebration of our Commitment on December 29 of this year.
The lovely Min, of this List, will be making our cake - and we are most
honoured that she asked to be allowed to do it.

The ceremony itself will be held "after the fashion of Quakers", partially
because of my Quaker background and partially because Quakers are not
married by someone else, they marry each other.  Since this event has no
legal standing, we thought it unnecessary to have a celebrant and the
simplicity of a Quaker wedding appeals to both of us.

The reception, on the other hand, threatens to be bigger than Ben Hur and we
have chosen the theme of "A Country Fair".  Which brings me to the peanuts.
I am ever open to ideas which will give the feel of a country fair to our
back yard, and these peanuts sound - from the descriptions I have read thus
far - as though they would fit right it.  I wonder if someone would care to
give me a more precise description of them - maybe with a recipe?

Gwynydd