SC - Re: Italian drinks?

Jessica Tiffin melisant at iafrica.com
Tue Apr 10 23:59:04 PDT 2001

At 02:26 PM 4/10/01 -0500, Vincente quoth thusly:
>De Nola has recipes for wine and water claries and for hippocras.  He was
>writing for the Catalan court in Naples, and is a few years later than
>Platina. Here's the raw material from de Nola:
<groovy recipes snipped>
>Hope this helps!
This does indeed, this is _exactly_ what I was looking for.  Many, many
grateful thanks.  Has anyone ever made any of the claries?  They look like
marvellous alternatives to the usual sekanjabin/hypocras thingummies.

JdH

Jessica Tiffin *** melisant at iafrica.com
http://users.iafrica.com/m/me/melisant
Ichor.  You know ichor.  It oozes out of several tentacles, and beslimes
tessellated pavements, and bespatters bejeweled courtiers, and bores the
bejesus out of everybody.  (Ursula le Guin).