SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #3088

Vincent Cuenca bootkiller at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 11 20:24:13 PDT 2001

  Has anyone ever made any of the claries?  They look like
>marvellous alternatives to the usual sekanjabin/hypocras thingummies.
>
>JdH
I have; read my article in the Florilegium.  The best thing is to go easy on
the spices, especially cloves.  Cloves have a tendency to numb the palate.
Try to keep the total weight of spices to around two ounces per gallon of
water.  You want sweetened, flavored water, not thinned, spicy honey.

BTW, isn't there a recipe for a raisin drink buried somewhere in the
"Manuscrito Anonimo"?

Vicente