SC - Iron Chef comments and recipe names

Adler, Chris Chris.Adler at westgroup.com
Thu Apr 12 13:43:30 PDT 2001

>>And congrats, BTW for a strong showing at the Aethelmearc Iron Chef
competition last weekend. <snip> Loved those almond sausages. I feel that
you folks of team Egerdouce (who
fed me shamelessly) should post your recipes.

<blush>
Wow, thanks, Aoife! Very kind of you. Glad you liked the dishes.

However, **Mathilde** deserves the credit for the choice of dishes and the
redactions -- when she asked me to play on her team I agreed on the
condition that I wouldn't have any time before the Iron Chef event to plan
or research, since I would be busy preparing for Coronation feast the
weekend before. Honestly, I was just a pair of willing hands -- Bryn and
Aemilia spent much more time doing the actual cooking than I did, since I
taught a class on period poison antidotes in the middle of the day. Still,
it was tons of fun and it was a great experience to talk to or lend a hand
to the other teams. (We weren't terribly secretive or competitive while
sharing the kitchen.)

Our team's menu was:
Pomes Dorrez (meat "apples" made of spiced ground pork & chicken)
Rapeye (spiced chunky applesauce)
Apple & Almond Pouding in Sausage Casing

I'm fairly sure that all three came from Forme of Curye. If not, they're
from Two 15th Century Cookbooks. You'll have to get the redactions from
Mathilde.

And Angeline, don't sell yourself short, sweetie! Your team made wonderful
food, and I was really impressed that you prepared BOTH lunch and a menu for
the dinner competition. If that wasn't your best work, I need to come out to
more Myrkie feasts... <smile>

All in all, a verrrry cool event.

Katja