SC - Hey Stefan!

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Apr 13 05:23:22 PDT 2001

Stefan li Rous wrote:

> > Did you know that there is a gentle using Florigieum @Aol.com  as there
> > name. This gentle is on the scribes list and is in the East kingdom. A
> > relative of yours?
>
> This is the first I've heard of this. Was it spelled the way you
> spelled it above or as in my sig line below? Either way, it isn't
> something I have control over. In fact when I registered florilegium.org
> there was already a flower shop using florilegium.com.

I thought about mentioning this at the time (yesterday?), but I suspect
that in the final analysis, a scribe has about as much reason to use the
word "florilegium" for his output as an archivist does, no matter how
well or how widely respected, and we don't know how long he's been at
it, do we? I mean, isn't a florilegium an actual, physical book written
and illsutrated in a number of styles? I seem to remember when Stefan's
Florilegium was so named, it being formerly known as what, The Rialto
Archives or some such?

I'd be very surprised to find that this is anything other than an
innocent use of a name that this other user thinks is his own, unique, idea.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com