SC - special needs

JRMapes jrmapes at ckt.net
Mon Apr 16 00:59:07 PDT 2001

- ----- Original Message -----
From: <LrdRas at aol.com>

> Ageed. There is no reason to expect the SCA fighters to provide for the
> needs of a wheelchair bound person

If they did i would for one be offended. They dont make special stuff up for
anyone else then why should i be different. If i win a tourney i dont want a
bloody asterisk in the book
beside my name. Either ya make it within the given rules or ya dont. Be it
Fighting, Arts and Science Competitions, or Arching.

Considerations can be made for necessity if and when possible, ie ports
johns, temp ramps, even leaving the mushrooms out of the stew if sever
allergies abound.
Considerations can be made for non-necessity if and when possible but its
not mandatory nor should it be. The gesture wil be greatly appreciated by
all those on the receiving end im sure. But to expect it each and everytime
is as absurd as thinking just because im in a wheelchair i also have brain
damage and must be spoken to very loud and very slow.

For me in the SCA its more rewarding to know i did something without
exceptions being made because of my four wheels.

Tristan