SC - earning awards

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Tue Apr 17 06:06:00 PDT 2001

We did this last year at Coronation for  a member of our Barony who was dying of
cancer.  In this case, he received his AoA from the Crowns one weekend, and the
next, at our local event, received the Baronial service award from Phillip and
I.  The gentle involved more than deserved the recognition he received.  He had
only been part of our group for a year, but had done more in that time than
gentles who had been in twice as long.  Plus he was very well loved by folks in
our group.  Now, in all probability, we wouldn't have followed his AoA quite so
quickly with the baronial award if he hadn't been dying.  But he would have
received it within six months or so, so I believe we did the right thing!

Kiri