SC - Meat in Earth Oven

Glenda Robinson glendar at compassnet.com.au
Wed Apr 18 17:38:08 PDT 2001

Elizabeth,

Yes. We use the East Asian fish sauce, but the one chosen wasn't really very
strong. I got some on my finger and licked it off, and barely tasted it -
the one I use is a much stronger one that comes in a very small bottle. The
oven never appeared, and the people who were planning the food stocks (who
had decided not to bother with my research - damn!) ended up doing things
that weren't anywhere near correct for either ancient or Byzantine, though
some recipes were OK, and the 5 kids at the encampment, who had payed, had
nothing spiced-down provided for them.

Oh well! I'm going to do my own darn cooking next time, more
pre-preparation, and have more visiting and relaxing time as a result.

Glenda.