SC - horseradish root

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Apr 18 19:21:07 PDT 2001

Kiri commented
> Pork brawn is great as it is cooked ahead of time, reducing the amount of work
> you have to do onsite.  When I served it, I sent out a horseradish mustard that
> I cut with a mixture of white wine and white wine vinegar to make a sauce.  Very
> tasty!!!

Was this a period horseradish mustard? Or one you bought at the store?
I assume the latter, but...

I have seen whole ginger root in the grocery for some time. I've used
in meads and other items.

Recently I saw whole horseradish root. How would you use this? I assume
not in mead :-). What would you do to go from fresh horseradish root
to horseradish sauce? Any period recipes for fresh horseradish? I don't
remember many that use horseradish at all.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net