SC - Opinions?

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Thu Apr 19 06:15:45 PDT 2001

> What I have seen done is 'on-board' and 'off-board' prices- that is,
> eating and not eating. The non eaters don't pay a share of the food, but
> they are taking advantage of the the facilities- the building, lights,
> restrooms, etc, and as the event won't happen without these things, they
> should pay a shre. It is usually a very nominal fee however- $3-5 or so.

In my area, on-board is usually 'feast included' and off-board is 'no feast included' but
I've also seen on-board (feast and all food), off-board (no feast but feast seating, OR
sometimes no feast but other meals), and outboard (no feast, no seating, and sometimes no
meals at all).

I guess it's what you're used to; I like it best when there are only two levels of
pricing: site fee including all meals but feast, and an additional feast fee. But there
are others who feel that the feast fee shouldn't include the cost of other meals, as they
don't eat those other meals.

Related to Stefan's question, I'm not sure it's much more fair for the cost of the Royal
food or other special food to come out of the site fee versus the feast fee. Now, there
is a sentiment in my kingdom that people working the event should get fed specially, so
Royalty probably comes under that, along with Troll, MOL, feast cooks, etc.

- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at mail.browser.net