SC - Opinions?

Michael Newton melcnewt at netins.net
Thu Apr 19 06:47:12 PDT 2001

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Solstice Studios" <solstice at moscow.com>
To: <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2001 12:52 AM
Subject: SC - Opinions?

> I am curious to get opinions or experiences on the issue of allowing
people to attend the feast and not purchase the food.

> Some argue that the venue and entertainment is as much the product as the
food, and all attendees should be paid.

> Others argue that the more who attend all add to the environment, and also
that those who cannot afford or cannot eat the food for other reasons should
not be excluded from such social bonding and enterainments.

> What does everyone here think? Anyone ever done any thinking along these
lines?

> -Aleska
The Problem I have with Off-board is that it encourages people to run to the
local McD's or KFC, pick your favorite Fast food place, and then bring that
back to eat so that they don't miss anything.  Not only does this take away
from the atmosphre of the feast but if you can afford Col. Chicken you can
generally, in my Kingdom anyway Calontir, afford to eat the feast.  Now if
you are allegeric to most of the feast that is different. Or you have picky
children, and not every event has a children's feast, that is also
acceptable. But just to come to feast and eat a Big Mac. NO don't even do
that!

Thorbjorn