SC - Profit was Opinions? - WARNING

Morgan Cain morgancain at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 19 21:49:34 PDT 2001

Olaf mentioned Bingo as a way to make money.  WARNING!!!!

Bingo, raffles, lotteries, and the like are regulated state-by-state.  The
rules and requirements are different in every state.  BE SURE TO CHECK THEM
AHEAD OF TIME.  You do not want to have a great fundraiser, and then lose
all the money to fines because you forgot a permit or gave the wrong thing
as a prize.

For example, Illinois had a regulation that allowed raffles by NFP's, but
ONLY of donated, used items, nothing new.  Fabric counted as used, happily,
but we could not accept donations of anything that had not been somehow
used.  Quirky, but true.

                                        ---= Morgan