SC - probably a legal question...

Morgan Cain morgancain at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 20 21:56:06 PDT 2001

> I have people here yammering at me that "it's against the law to serve
> game."  They go on more than that, the upshot being that my idea to serve
> a period-style hunters' feast at an archery event is somehow banned by
> Corpora.
>
> Since when?  and when did SCA feasts stop being in the same legal
> neighborhood as church suppers?  They are even saying that we have to
> save the barcodes from the canned goods "because someone might get food
> poisoning"
>
> If any of this is going to be true, I really will shread my membership.
> As it is, I have no desire to do so much as bake muffins for this lot.
> They can eat KFC 'til their arteries implode.

Oh, NONSENSE!!!!  There is NOTHING in Corpora that is anti-game.

You cannot do a catch-and-kill onsite, you have to bring it in as peeled
meat (so to speak).  But certainly, you can serve game, and in some areas
they would lack feast without.  Why, venison was served at the event I
attended weekend before last.

If people are telling you think, look them dead in the eye and say, "I
cannot find that information in Corpora.  Where do you see it?  I would like
to read that section."

If they decide that no, it is a local law, repeat that you want chapter,
verse, and photocopy.  Ask them from where they learned the information.

If necessary, tell them you checked and all the people whom you trust on
this topic seem to believe it is complete hogwash.  Therefore, unless they
can give you solid basis for their arguments, you are just going to ignore
their claims.

                            ---= Morgan (who is in the 21st C a lawyer,
                                        and yes, has read her Corpora)