SC - Boiled Peanuts by Mail

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Apr 22 21:33:29 PDT 2001

We had been talking here on SCA-Cooks recently about boiled peanuts.
I mentioned that I'd found some canned ones and several folks
mentioned that the fresh ones were better. Well, in going through
some back digests I found quite a number of messages about boiled
peanuts and this message with a source.

I thought some of you who had missed this message originally or
who have joined this list since then, might be interested. After
I try my canned boiled peanuts, if I think they are good, I may
try this source for some fresh ones.They sell the same brand of
canned boiled peanuts I bought, although a bit cheaper. They also
sell the raw peanuts and instructions for making your own. Eight
hours of boiling though, and there isn't much price differance
between the fresh peanuts and the boiled ones.

They also have other southern favorites like Poke Salet and
pickled watermelon rind(!).

Stefan

> Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 18:16:16 -0500
> From: "Morgan Cain" <morgancain at earthlink.net>
> Subject: SC - Boiled Peanuts by Mail
>
> <snip>
>
> Good news -- www.boiledpeanuts.com
>
> The source for all sorts of only-in-the-South treats, started by two
> brothers who knew that there had to be hungry and homesick ex-pats.
> Everything from boiled peanuts to preserves to pickles.
>
>                                     ---= Morgan

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net