SC - Boiled Peanuts by Mail

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Mon Apr 23 06:53:37 PDT 2001

 After
> I try my canned boiled peanuts, if I think they are good, I may
> try this source for some fresh ones.They sell the same brand of
> canned boiled peanuts I bought, although a bit cheaper. They also
> sell the raw peanuts and instructions for making your own. Eight
> hours of boiling though, and there isn't much price differance
> between the fresh peanuts and the boiled ones.
>
> They also have other southern favorites like Poke Salet and
> pickled watermelon rind(!).
>
> Stefan

	Gee, whiz, Stefan, I'd hate to think you are going to base your judgement
of boiled peanuts on a can of them.  If you are content to wait, I will
bring some up with me to Pennsic, and you can try the real boiled ones
there.  The canned version of vegetables is almost never the way to
introduce yourself to them!
Christianna